Friday, April 07, 2006

Seeing Friends Again

I get to camp for a summer that's fun
Get outside and enjoy the sun
Unpack my stuff and pick out my bed
Get ready for a blast and look ahead

I'm happy, I'm excited--what did I find?
What I've been waiting for--my friends that are kind
I run to them and they run to me
We can hardly believe what we see

In the circle of girls there are five close friends
Whose changes in everything never end
From getting braces or glasses or contacts or more
To growing taller or bigger or just different from before

We recognize our changes and then we start having fun
Our time together should never be done
Laughing and talking and just being us
Even telling secrets to those whom we trust

After we've missed each other all during the year
Our reunion brings a smile from ear to ear
I have the time of my life seeing my friends from camp once more
That's why those times in the summer are what I adore

No comments: