Friday, July 28, 2006

Think

Why can't you understand things when you want
Why is it later that the thoughts come to haunt
Why do the thoughts leave and go
It's not by your wishes that they did so

You question, you wonder, the answer never comes
You have the bits and pieces but you're mind's going numb
You're all frustrated and dying to see
Why can't my brain just listen to me

Then you're trying to think about it but you're brain's another place
You and your mind competing--it's like a race
Wishing you could think, wishing you could understand
But you're mind's stretching away from that like a rubber band

One day the answer comes--it's that flash, it's that flame
It's that spark, it's that rainbow, that never is the same
But like any flash or rainbow it always melts away
Why can't the thought keep thinking, why can't it even stay

It's weird, it's tough
Complicated enough
I guess I'll never know
But I'll think

No comments: