Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pure Happiness

Tingles and shivers in my body
Bubbles of excitement pop and just make more
Crawling spiders carry energy all over me
Half of me wants to drive the feeling out
And the other half wants to leave it there pulsing
For the sake of time, the second half wins

I count down the hours and the minutes
Not able to concentrate on anything but my excitement
Everything is so slow and I'm in auto-pilot
Why can't I just get a jump-start and transition like in the movies?

At last I'm down to the last few seconds
Three, two, one and the curtain of waiting peals back to reveal pure joy
My horse is standing there ready to ride
I climb on and everything in me explodes
I'm riding without a worry or care
I'm free

The breeze flows through my hair
It's as if the rain is cleaning out my human soul
And pouring in thoughts of peace and love that no one else seems to ever think
Right here and now I'm here to love with open arms and to be happy despite anything
To giggle away my anger and to ride my heart out

I think to myself, this is what I've been waiting for
I realize that this is better than anything else
Any material item, any dumb hot guy, any of soceity's idols
This is what keeps me alive

Riding my horse feels amazing
I'm unstoppable and uncontrollable
I question if, with my pure joy and wonder, if I'm even part of the human race
Why oh why can't this last forever?

No comments: