Wednesday, June 07, 2006

On the Bus

"I'll never forgive you as long as I live," I heard a girl say on the bus I was on. She was standing up talking to her parents, about to cry. I wondered what she was so angry about.
"Why did you have to make us move like that? Why can't you ever let me decide if we are moving?" I remembered the time my family had moved. I had felt the same way as this girl had. Something in me wanted to comfort the girl, but I chose to stay and listen.
"Kelly, will you stop complaining already!" her mom exclaimed, exasperated. "You know we can't change this anyway."
"Your mother's right, Kelly. Go occupy yourself with something else," her father said sleepily.
I felt sorry for Kelly. Her parents should have known that moving was tough.
Suddenly she outbroke in crying and screaming. I wished I could say something to make her feel better, but just as I started to think of what I could say, my parents called to me.
"Alicia! Come on, let's go. We've got to get to this hotel."
"Yeah, Alicia, c'mon!" my sister shouted.
The bus ride was over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially like this one because I have moved too and I had a hard time.

Anonymous said...

Hey I didn't really understand this. it didn't seem to hav a good ending...