Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mechanization

Mechanization

I live my life day by day
Unaware of my surroundings,
Not looking up from my personal thoughts.

Routine and plan control me.
I think and dream ideas that make sense only to me;
I can't express them with words.

I keep emotion to myself,
Lie frozen on the bathroom floor;
I don't dare be myself.

In the midst of reality my life becomes chaos.
I finally admit that I'm different.
Maybe it's what I've always wanted,
Not to be human.

I defend criminals and stop judging others,
Bring back the idea that the world is flat,
Try to be more open than most.
People don't take me seriously.

I am human,
And so are my friends.
We exist in a society that's figuratively dying,
Concealing ourselves to appear perfect,
Changing the definition of human to machine.
I yearn to live.

But I am human.
When I look at myself, routine clouds my vision,
Shadows are cast on the monster in the mirror,
The coward who is scared to be different,
Yet scared to be the same.
I look at my friends,
Smearing on lipstick and analyzing their looks,
Inviting me to join them before the school bell rings.
I wish it wasn't so hard to move upstream.

It's we who have destroyed the freedom,
Shrunk our imaginations,
Hidden the truth,
Hypnotized ourselves,
So that we might never truly feel again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poems are expressive. Amazing how you put your thoughts to words like that! (:

I'm going to create a blogger too, in like...5 minutes.

God Bless (:
---Sarah

Anonymous said...

Wow it's 6:20 here!

anne said...

Okay, I created my site.

anne said...

i had to look up oxymorons in the dictionary lol because i didn't know what they were...anyway...thanks!