Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Drop of Love

Outside the car window
He smiles and waves at me
In just one moment
We're in unity

The car passes on
I'm still here chewing my pen
Thinking about that moment
The feeling that I won't forget

Outside the window
Is a world of shattered dreams
Ideas that never happen
Everything that's let go way too soon

I'm in love with an idea of a person
Dreaming of things that will never be true
Overwhelmed by my emotions
And there's only one person who could feel what I feel

But the love; it never happens
I'm chewing on my pen
There's a fork in the road that separates us
No matter how similar we are

Outside the window
Could have been something new
I could be smiling stupidly
But just cuz they told me to

Here painful memories grip me
Why can't I let things go
Some thoughts are all too vivid
Is it helping me to cry

And they all say he was a human
They all say we had no clue
He don't know me and I don't know him
But do they say anything else

Suppose we shared a moment
Caught between two worlds
Maybe it's best to remain where I am
Jealous and in love

The car keeps rolling
Clocks keep ticking
Static through and through
Still taking every last bit in my head

And suddenly I throw the pen
Step outside the car
He understood me and I understood him
He couldn't have gone that far

But he did
And we're never gonna make it
So much to take in
I'm in love

If we felt the same
If I knew him truly
If time let us share that day
Is our love just cuz of sympathy
Or is love simply who we are?

4 comments:

anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Soooo touching.

Princess Katherine said...

That is really good. Very touching too.

anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.