Tuesday, November 21, 2006

From Black to White

Staring deep into the mirror and smashed against its side
Screaming how could you close in like that overnight
How could my mirror reflection keep me to herself
How could she look at me like that, how could she just not know

Looking at the old me
And feeling through the new me
How can things just happen like that
Last minute was three years ago

What happened to the mean, tough me who wanted to save someone's life
What happened to the obsessive me who researched Grey's all night
What happened to the girl I knew, the girl who laughed instead of cried
How did I go from being mean to nice and from being black to being white

Where's the me surrounded by static and where's the me slamming locker doors
Where's the me staying up till midnight and wanting more and more
I'm surrounded by cupcakes and I don't know what to do
I don't know how to live the life of the girl I just turned into

And I so desperately want to change back
So desperately want to study all the static without sickening
So desperately want to turn back the time
So I'm not the girl who passed out in the locker room

Lightning crackling in the mid of day
With a lunar eclipse as bright as the moon
But somehow I just can't stand it anymore
How could I be so stupid to do it all for someone who doesn't exsist

The girl in the mirror stares back blocking me away
I cringe against the door and start to cry
Four years have past in five more seconds
And I just don't know why I've turned from black to white

Will something happen just in time
Does anyone even care
Can any miracle bring me back to normal
Before I'm not even white

No comments: