Friday, October 27, 2006

Cracking

Fires set to houses
Starving children begging
Volcanoes erupting
Thunder and lightning
Happy people crying
The funeral bells ring
And while I'm standing here
In the midst of this bedlam
I can only laugh

The sun is burning out
All the water is being wasted
To put out that fire
We're all going to die
That's no surprise
But shouldn't I at least try to help
Should I at least move
And care?

I'm trapped and surrounded by darkness
Someone has blindfolded me
To shelter me
And yet I still know what's going on
I can feel it
I can hear the bells ringing

I'm inside a coffin
Am I alive or dead?
Who knows?
Either one is no surprise to me
I hear the last drops of water
Against the crackling fire
And the bells' rings echo endlessly

I'm in a casket
The staleness of it finally hitting me
Stuck in a moment
In a coffin
The funeral bells are for me
They keep ringing

And amidst the bedlam
Amidst the tiny cold spike
Trickling up my spine
Amidst the happiess and sadness of leaving the world
And the bells ringing
All I can do is laugh
I'm cracking under pressure

No comments: