Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Quiet Day at the Pool

I'm lying on a chaise lounge
In the only shaded spot
On a bright day
There is a soothing, light breeze
that makes the palm trees sway
And the pool water ripple
The only sound I hear
Is each drop of the fountain
Plopping onto the water
Simultaniously
I'm all alone
In a peaceful way

I remember the pool at camp
On a sunbacked, boiling-hot day
All I could think was to jump in the cold water
With my best friend
I remember not being able to hear myself talk
Because of the chatter amongst the 78 other girls
It wasn't peaceful
But it was fun
Swimming to music
Talking
Giggling

My mind comes back to reality
I'm almost surprised to hear only the fountain
Not the chatter and blasting music
I wonder where I'd rather be
It's so hard to tell
At first I think they are so different
Then I look up at the clear blue sky
And I know they are the same

No comments: