Saturday, October 28, 2006

Worst Enemy

He's my worst enemy
I scream at him NO
I just wanna slap him
Or punch him
I hate to watch him breathe
Cuz he always gets his way

And here I am
Standing right here
He really has nothing to do with me
Or my life
Yet I still hate him
He's still my worst enemy

I talk about him to everyone
Tell them all what I think should be done to him
Of course that has no effect
He'll always get his way
As long as he keeps living
Cuz it's life

And I keep thinking that for years
It's me and him against each other
And I get used to the fact
Except now I realize
That I've got no right to say that
Cuz we are the same
One day that could be me

And I still hate him
But I can't admit it
Cuz it's life...
And we're all the same
It never matters
Who's gonna get it all
Who's gonna get just some...
It's life...
Do you think we're all our own worst enemies?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!

I just would like to say I LOVE your poems! I like writing poetry too.

Emily

P.S. We have the same name!

Anonymous said...

1